Joint master of Mediterranean initiatives on renewable and sustainable energy ( JAMILA) is a joint project between 8 universities from 5 Mediterranean countries with financial support of European Union (EU) under the umbrella of TEMPUS projects. This project aims at establishing joint master program (curricula reform) in renewable electrical energy engineering ( REEE) that should serve the market needs of these courtiers to effective utilizing the renewable energy resources and to help support the sustainability of these sources and local environment.
The universities participated in this project are :
- Sapienza University of Rome, Italy- project leader,
- Northumbria University, UK - partner
- University of Cadiz, Spain – partner
- Palestine Polytechnic University, PS- partner
- Al-Quds University, PS- partner
- Alexandria University, Egypt- partner
- Ain Shams University, Egypt – partner
- Suez University, Egypt- partner
This project has a duration of 36 months started on 01.12.2013 and ends on 30.11.2016 with total eligible budget of 1 317 203€ , where the EU( TEMPUS Grant) covers 1 185 403 € which is 90% sharing; and the partners cover 131 800 € which is 10% sharing of allocated fund. The project has 8 work packages distributed on a time intervals of 36 months.